Early Childhood Programs
Services & Activities:
- Your neighbourhood connection to Parenting & Early Learning Resources, Pre/post Natal Support, Public Health & Wellness, Referrals, Resources, Information & Awareness.
- Parent interactive play groups for families with children 0-6 years of age. Our groups focus on the healthy development of children and offers presentations on nutrition, safety, physical development, literacy, family fun and more!
- Community events and initiatives that support healthy development. Watch your local newspaper and reader board. Follow the Lower Similkameen Early Years Facebook page for upcoming news and events.
Bumps & Babies
- Pre & Post Natal program provides group education as well as one-on-one services for pregnant women or moms with children up to 12 months.
- Pre/post-natal nutrition, planning, preparation, support & parenting resources are available
- Prenatal vitamins, infant vitamin D drops, and weekly food certificates are available free to all pregnant women and women with children up to 6 months.
Mom & Me A-Z
- A play-based drop-in program for families with children 0-6 years, featuring: free play, art & crafts, songs, stories, snacks and parenting resources. No registration required. (Older children will not be excluded)
- Our Yoga group is for all bodies and is ideal for those wanting to come back to a more active lifestyle or increase their general wellbeing. Whether you are a beginner, more advanced, or somewhere in between. This class is for you! We know you will leave relaxed, more aware and ready to tackle your week.
- Yoga drop-in fee of $5 includes *FREE CHILDCARE* for all children 2 and up
- Tumble Bumble is our indoor gym program for families with children ages 0-6 years of age. The program encourages large muscle development and overall physical health. This is a great place for families to socialize and make new friends. We offers play opportunities such as climbing, cycling, sliding, bouncing, balancing, hockey, basketball and so much more! Join the fun and get active with your little ones!
- Bringing the generations together with music, art, exercise and a variety of fun, constantly changing activities. It’s a wonderful opportunity for the children and families to connect with people of various ages and challenges. Children have a chance to play, explore, be social and get creative.
Early Years Center:
We offer a variety of constantly changing educational programs and workshops, as well as individual appointments to all expecting parents and families with children 0-6 years of age.
-Parent support & Education
-Canning & Healthy Cooking
-Free play & Educational groups
-Music & Movement
-Mother Goose programs
-Fun in the Sun
Benefits of Parent participation groups include:
Meeting other families, making new friends and being part of a community
Direct involvement in your child/children’s learning experiences
We offer a large number of programs completely free to families with children 0-6 years of age
Opportunity to increase parenting skills, share experiences and information with other parents.
*All Children must be accompanied by an adult*