Early Childhood Education
Services and Activities:
• Parent interactive Play Groups for all children 0 to 6 years of age (accompanied by a parent/guardian/ caregiver). Play groups focus on the healthy development of children and offer presentations on nutrition, safety, early literacy, family fun, and more!
• Community events and initiatives that support the healthy development of children 0 – 6 years of age. Watch your local newspaper for upcoming events.
• Group Parenting Education, Resources and Referrals regarding nutrition, safety, child development, early literacy and other family matters.
• A place that can connect you with agencies, organizations, services and activities in your community. Also a place to meet and network with other parents.
• Pre-natal and peri-natal support, vitamins, nutrition advice and education.
Pre-Natal Support & Nutrition
Pre/ Peri Natal nutrition, planning, preparation, support & parenting resources are available. Prenatal vitamins, infant vitamin D drops, and weekly food certificates are available free to pregnant women and women with infants.
Mom & Baby Yoga
Free yoga sessions for pregnant women and women with infants up to 6 months. Moms include their baby in their work-out! Childminding is provided at no cost for older children. Participants must pre-register for each 6 week session.
Mother Goose & Friends
Join us for stories, rhymes and games!
Wednesday mornings at 9:30 am in the Strong Start class at Cawston School – September – June
Wednesday mornings at 9:30 am in the Family Centre yard at LSCSS at 310 Veterans Avenue – July & August
Tumble Bumble is a free gym program for families with children ages 0-6 years of age. It offers play opportunities such as climbing, cycling, sliding, bouncing, balancing, hockey and basketball! The program encourages gross motor development and physical activity. Parents receive support, education, resources, referrals and an opportunity to meet other parents.
Parental participation is mandatory. Parents must supervise their child and must also help with setting up equipment, putting away equipment, cleaning equipment, etc.
Parents in our program have worked together to fund-raise and apply for grants. So far they have acquired over $5,000 in equipment designed specifically for infants, toddlers and preschoolers!
Tuesday morning from 10 – 11:30 am
Thursday afternoon from 3 – 4:30 pm
Upstairs at the Legion Hall
Fun In The Sun
9:30 on Wednesday when school is out. Come join us for fun outside at our water table, sprinkler, slide and building centres.
Mom’s Morning Mingle
Every 2nd Thursday at 10:00 am at the Family Centre. Come share ideas, conversations, and time with other moms and children.