OVERVIEW OF SERVICE:
The Family Support Program is a flexible program designed to meet the needs of individual clients. The Family Support Worker (FSW) works as part of a team with a Social Worker to develop an individual support program for each client. The program provides enhanced one-on-one services that would not otherwise be available to the individual.
DO I NEED A REFERRAL?
No! If you feel that you need support to improve your family life, contact our Family Support Worker: Nadia Cutler (250) 499-2352 ext. 108 (Monday to Friday, 8-4 p.m., no weekend calls please).
1. Parenting Skills Support, e.g. child/parent conflict resolution, consistency, taking responsibility;
2. Life Skills Training, e.g. budgeting, effective shopping and meal planning, household management;
3. Effective Communication Training; Self-Esteem Support
4. Crisis Support; Emotional Support; Client Support at Court/legal appointments;
5. Referrals to other agencies, professionals and community resources;
6. Other services can be arranged depending upon client need, and the availability of the Family Support Worker.