CHILD & YOUTH MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIAN
Permanent – Full-Time 35 hours per week
Lower Similkameen Community Services Society, in partnership with the Ministry of Children and Family Development, Child and Youth Mental Health Services, is seeking a qualified individual to provide specialized mental health assessment and treatment services to children, youth and families when the child or youth are suffering serious emotional, psychological, behavioural and/or psychiatric illness.
Hours:35 per week
Starting Wage:$32.45/hr, plus a comprehensive benefit package
(Grid 17, Step 1, UFCW Community Agreement)
Qualifications: education, training and experience
- MSW (Clinical Specialization or equivalent training/education), or comparable graduate degree at Master’s level.
- 2 years clinical experience working in child and youth mental services, with responsibility for providing a wide range of community based mental health services.
- Education or training in program planning, group facilitation and working with families and young children in conditions of risk.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- BC Class 5 Driver’s licence and access to an adequately insured reliable vehicle for work purposes
- Clearance through the Criminal Records Review Program is required
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
Excellent communication skills (verbal & written); proficient use of computer and other IT; knowledge of child development, parenting, family systems, family violence, cross-cultural issues, community resources, group facilitation skills; and conflict resolution skills.
Closing date for applications: November 22, 2017, 4:00 p.m.
Send applications marked “Confidential” – Competition #2017-CYMH(K) to:
Sarah Martin, Executive Director
Lower Similkameen Community Services Society
720 – 3rd Street
Keremeos, BC V0X 1N3
To request a job description please email Admin@LSCSS.com.