Volunteers are essential to Lower Similkameen Community Services Society. We currently have over 50 volunteers helping deliver vital programs and services to our community. Our organization offers many volunteer opportunities that benefit from a diverse range of skills and interests.
Click on Volunteer Heading below to learn more about Volunteer Positions
Package hot lunch meals into transportable containers for delivery to Meals on Wheels clients.
Deliver hot lunch meals to Meals on Wheels clients.
Interact with residents, play cards, help with activities and excursions, crafts, music.
KYALAMI PLACE: GARDEN VOLUNTEER
Help with garden tending throughout the summer (planting, weeding, watering, deadheading).
Participate in and supervise playgroups and crafting activities.
Work with instructor to provide one-on-one tutoring for new Canadians. Tutor training is provided.
If you are someone who enjoys a good read, who likes young people and are ready to commit an hour or two a week to a young reader this program is for you! In cooperation with classroom teachers and in support of students at Cawston Primary our volunteers will be recruited, trained and paired up with students at school.
Provides one on one companionship and support for seniors. If you have an extra hour or two to spare, this program could be for you!.
Assist with literacy events in the community.
Call clients to check on their well-being, remind them of appointments, or simply brighten their day.
Volunteer drivers provide transportation for those unable to drive themselves.
- (1) Calling clients to follow up on their progress after they have been given referrals, ensure their needs are met.
- (2) Accompaniment to court, including court orientation and crown council introductions
- (3) Possible extra support on a call-out
- (4) Understanding how to document all incidents and keep all RCMP files up to date as well as informing members of updates on victims involved
- (5) Supporting victims while they are giving an audio recorded statement of the crime they have been a victim of
- (6) Familiarizing themselves with the communities needs and giving information when needed
If you are interested in Volunteering with Lower Similkameen Community Services Society, please contact
Coordinator of Volunteers at 250 499 2352